Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Family Affair





A year ago, I ran into a high school friend who I've lost touch with since graduation. We ran into each other at a birthday party. As usual, we were excited to see each other. A lot has changed over the missing years, friendships, relationships, the whole nine yards. My friend and I were busy catching up on old times, my best friend asked her about the boyfriend she had back in high school. "Y'all still together?" She looked down and shook her head. She found out while they were together, she found out that he got another girl pregnant.


Now, if you think THAT was bad news, wait until you hear this:


She went on to continue her story. At a family cookout and in the midst of the fun festivities, her cousin, her blood cousin, confessed to her that she (the cousin) and her boyfriend had an ongoing affair. In fact, they have had sex over four times in her own house.......Now at that moment, I had to rub my ears and ask her to repeat what she just said. Least to say, I was shocked that her cousin would do something as crazy as sleeping her cousin's boyfriend right under her nose. But then, I realized that this is a new age in time where women are more than capable of doing the most despicable things, more despicable than their male counterparts. Funny enough,my friend said that although she was heartbroken, she eventually forgave her cousin after some time, and the two women have since tried to rebuild their relationship (or the sake of kinship.)


On a typical day when I "think" Jesus isn't watching me in 3D, THIS is what I would've done. LOL.

















I'm sure that there are people out there who have experienced the same dilemma. Please, feel free to share your stories and how you dealt with the situation (you can write anonymously by the way.)



Oya, let's gist!

No comments:

Post a Comment